Essay topics: Tourism has increasingly so much over the last 50 years that it is having a mainly negative impact on local inhabitants and the environment. However, others claim that it is good for the economy.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of tourism and give your own opinion.
With the development of transportation these days, it dramatically boosts the tourism industry. Travelling has become a popular activity in population from both developing and developed nations. Consequently, some assert that tourism adversely affects several aspects in local attractions such as cultural identity and the beauty of remote landscape, while some argue with a huge benefit of increasing job opportunities to local people. Both advantages and disadvantages of the tourism will be discussed carefully.
To begin with, the main advantage of tourism businesses is the improvement of the economy. With the high number of tourists, it definitely boosts a national gross income as the money from tourists supports all services and even generates more businesses such as hotels in a country. Secondly, this change directly affects local people in tourist attractions. Tourism industry eventually creates many job opportunities, especially in tourist services such as guides or taxi drivers, to native people. Lastly, the government may increase revenue from tourism industry and can use this budget to improve in several areas such as education, health services or public transport systems.
However, when there are many visitors in a tourist destination, it also leads to negative consequences. The overcrowded visitors carelessly leave garbage and pollute the attractive sites, causing the environmental issue desperately. This can be seen in many historical sites that are deliberately damaged by tourists, throwing litter around the sites or drawing graffiti on the wall. Moreover, local people, living isolated and practicing their own customs, would be changed by the mass tourism because indigenous people will learn and adapt with new cultures rather than keep remaining their culture.
In conclusion, it is clear that the positive points of tourism businesses still outweigh the drawbacks. However, I would like to account that the government still needs to control the number of tourists to be in a suitable number and subsidizes sufficient funding on preserving cultural identity of a nation and protecting the environment surrounding tourist attractions.
- I have got the IELTS score today. writing 7.5 over all band 7 !!I would like to thank you this site so much!! (70)
- Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (71)
- The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in English who were able to speak other languages in addition to English, in 200 and 2010. (72.5)
- Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their wast (65)
- Tourism has increasingly so much over the last 50 years that it is having a mainly negative impact on local inhabitants and the environment. However, others claim that it is good for the economy.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of tourism and give (75)
- Each year, the crime rate increases. What are the causes of crime and what could be done to prevent this rise in criminal activity?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (70)
- The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household. the second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use. (60)
- Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.Discuss both these views a (78)
- It is important for children to learn the different between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this option?What sort of punishment should parents and t (80)
- All education and health care should be funded by the government and free for everyone. To extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (80)