Universities should accept equal number of males and females to study in every subject. Do you agree or disagree?Give your reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Universities should accept equal number of males and females to study in every subject. Do you agree or disagree?
Give your reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Whether universities should accept the same figure of males and females to register every subject is a hotly debated topic. There are those who argue that it is absolutely crucial to have the same number of males and females in all subjects at schools. To my mind, it is unacceptable with this viewpoint for several reasons.

First of all, the ability of men and women is different due to their gender. It is clear that males are usually better than females at construction, engineering and machines. Therefore, it can be said that more men are successful in these fields compared with women. By contrast, with the characteristics of being careful and patient, females may be more appropriate for cooking, embroidery and art. Therefore, it will be a huge mistake if both females and males students are required to study the same all subjects at schools.

Another reason is that owing to different physical issue, it would be ineffective to oblige males and females to study equal number of subjects. The purpose of the education and training is to provide numbers of skill workers for labour market. Therefore, it will be unreasonable if the equal figure of females and males have compulsory to learn in all subjects because labour market has number of employees who are not good at professional skills. As a result, this will impact on socio- economic development negatively in the long-term. For example, Vietnam is a country where ministry of education and training has policies to require equal number of females and females in every subject and this has created a significant barrier to develop much more the economy.

It seems me that males and females should have multiple choices of registering every subject. Depending on their mental and physical strength, men and women have their own options at schools. This will be beneficial for economic development thanks to having a large numbers of qualified workers.