Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children.Do you agree or disagree?

Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children.

Do you agree or disagree?

Today's world is all about technology and most widely used device must be computer. In today's time we cannot expect anybody's day to be completed without accessing computer once in a day. It can be anybody young children, school or college students or working professionals. Computer can have negative and positive effects depending upon its usage and person who is using it?

Computer is widely used by children at home. It can mostly be used for internet access and also to play games. Children can just type in subject and topic name and they get all the information available on the screen and this really helps them to learn and grow in terms of knowledge faster than what it used to be in past. Computer is an ocean of knowledge, provided it is rightly used. Many different ideas can be accessed related to school extra-curricular activities, project work etc. Using such devices also help children to think technically since their early age.

However, the other usage of computer is playing games, accessing internet to visit social sites. These two are the major activities that keep children really busy with computer these days. Basically, in my opinion these activities are of no use for the children. There are so many activities that they can do in the ground. Physical activities/ games are just disappearing in the children. In addition to this, lack of physical activities makes children lazy, physically unfit. This also invites some more trouble at older age like knee problems and cholesterol because they have not learnt how to burn extra calories at young age?

The second disadvantage of using computer is accessing social media and stay in touch with friends who are at distance and this really makes them unaware about friends who are just next door. So while using social sites children are actually becoming unsocial and becoming gadget lovers which help them using social sites.

To conclude, I must say computer has more negative impact on children than its positive impacts. This is only because we are not using it effectively and wisely.

and most widely used device must be computer.
and the most widely used device must be computer.

It can be anybody young children,
It can be anybody such as young children,