Essay topics: "When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.
The fortune and luck sometimes play an important role in the road of success. There are some people, who do not have to work very hard, can become successful easily, whereas some people devote themselves on their work and responsibilities but they cannot get anything and accomplish their goal. Therefore, in this essay, I will discuss that luck sometimes has a great impact to our lives.
To begin with, even though people do not believe that fortune plays significant parts in a person’s pathway, there are many examples which prove and support that luck is another factor to help a person to become successful. For instance, there are many superstars in my country that they do not even study or practice about singing or acting before because they just got a chance to be an actor accidentally. Some actors were not very good when they started work in this line but they had a better opportunity to learn and practice from directors or expert producers. Perhaps there are many younger people, who have been studying about media and acting for a long time, unfortunately they still cannot be able to work in this line and become superstars.
Moreover, the fortune can support an individual but it can also be destructive an individual’s future. For example, one of my friends works in a company as a manager. She was working overtime very often and asked for being a volunteer in many difficult tasks. With a lot of effort and contribution on her duties, she supposes to get a promotion or earn a higher salary but she deserved nothing from this dedicated work. Unfortunately, after that a few years, she got fired because a company owner does not like her and wants to support his son to fulfill in her position instead. In this case, she definitely was working in the wrong place with unfair people. Therefore, sometimes people cannot do too much, if the fortune does not help.
In conclusion, form two examples above can support the idea that sometimes luck also has great significance to a person’s success pathway. Some people can easily become successful without doing anything, whereas many hard working people may not easily succeed because of unfortunate live.
- The chart below shows the annual number of rentals and sales( in various formats) of film from a particular store between 2002 and 2011.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (85)
- There are fewer and fewer employment opportunities for graduates entering the job market and this will have serious implications for higher educations. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this? (70)
- Because of falling birth rates and better healthcare, the world's population is getting steadily older and this trend is going to cause serious problems for society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (70)
- The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. (70)
- The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kinds of meatin a European country between 1979 and 2004 (80)
- The charts below show the average temperature for each month and the average monthly rainfall in two cities of china: Beijing and Hong Kong. (50)
- The graphs below show average monthly temperature and rainfall in two places in South Africa.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (80)
- City living in the 21st century is successful and offers no advantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (80)
- The diagram shows how the SpaceShipOne is designed to gain and lose altitude.SpaeShipOne is a prototype re-usable spacecraft, transported by a specially designed aircraft, White Knight, to launch height.Write description and summarise (70)
- Now that there are no unknown places left on Earth that individuals can explore, exploration has taken the form of overcoming physical challenges. What is your opinion of this development? Give reasons for your ideas and include any relevant examples fro (40)