The widespread use of the internet has brought many problems. What do you think are the main problems associated with the use of the web? What solutions can you suggest?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.
These days overusing the internet is known as a horrible habit in the globe, which is going unchecked. Besides, this behavior causes some problems in people’s lives. Following examples can clarify the issues.
The first example that should be mentioned, is relevant to children. Nowadays the major hobby and pastime of children, which hurts their health, is playing video games. They spend a lot of time looking at the computer and it is really harmful to their bodies because they gain more weight and their sight is going to be poor. In addition, some psychologists believe that these kids who play these sorts of games more than enough, are more pugnacious and quarrelsome. By contrast, the children who have a healthy lifestyle and take exercise every day, are more phlegmatic.
Moving onto the second example that is worth considering, by developing the internet, people are likely to communicate with their family members and relatives on the net and this manner weakens friendships and relationships and hurts people’s emotions. It is worthwhile to mention that according to a hypothesis, not paying enough attention to sentimental aspect of human’s lives is an egregious fault.
As far as I am concerned, people should justify the time in the life. Kids had better be taught how to manage their time and parents are completely responsible to help them to understand the concept of the healthy lifestyle. Also it should be noted that people should care about their emotions and visit their friends and family members regularly.
To sum up, despite beneficial role of the internet, it has some drawbacks. But as a matter of fact, people can avoid its disadvantages by justifying their time.
- In some countries the average wight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes for these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them. 80
- The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. 60
- The diagram below shows the average growth in domestic product in wealth countries; countries that have adopted a global approach to business and countries that have not. 85
- The charts show the world traffic volume measured in passenger kilometer miles 67
- More and more city workers are deciding to live in the country and travel into work every day. The result is increased traffic congestion and damage to the environment. What measures do you think could be taken to encourage people not to travel such long 70
Sentence: These days overusing the internet is known as a horrible habit in the globe, which is going unchecked.
Description: The fragment going unchecked . is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace unchecked with adverb
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 15 15
No. of Words: 280 350
No. of Characters: 1382 1500
No. of Different Words: 170 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.091 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.936 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.614 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 101 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 73 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 51 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 31 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.667 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 8.211 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.533 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.295 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.577 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.037 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5