Almost every successful company is using advertisements to increase their sales What features make an advertisement effective Is advertising good or bad for the society

Almost every successful company is using advertisements to increase their sales. What features make an advertisement effective? Is advertising good or bad for the society?

Advertisements really help to increase the sales. In the market when you see you have same product available of so many different brands that you get confused which one is actually good to buy. And at this stage you easily recall a product that you have seen on TV several times, on road side hoardings or heard about it on radio or read about it in the Newspapers. And you end up buying that. It is not only about choosing right brands but advertisements are also that make you buy something that you actually do not want to. But you buy it because of its may advertisements, the way it is advertised - in the form of picture or video, by whom it is advertised etc.

When a well known hollywood/ bollywood celebrities, sports icon advertises any product we do tend to believe in them and have a thought let's try this next time. The way product is advertised - in the form of its pictorial representation or its lucrative video which tempts you about the product, makes you believe in them and triggers a thought to buy that product next time when you are out for shopping. More advertised products always leave their images in the back of human mind and that gets recalled automatically when we are out for shopping or when we see them in the market and we end up buying them.

In a way in this world where so many brands local and foreign, are available in the market you tend to get confuse when you see them all together. Then advertisement helps you to make decision. So advertise of course help us to make decisions. However, in today's world/ time sales is the only intention behind the advertisement. Sales should increase. They have very good weapon - asterisk (*). They say/ show something and then at the end with this asterisk they are allowed to make any twist in their advertisement. Ideally advertisement should be to educate people and make them take right decisions. However, intention is only sales and that does not help people. Big brands with good investment can afford multiple ways of advertising products and good products which are less advertised end up taking back seats on the shelves.

Every action has its pros and cons, so even decisions made just by believing in advertisements also.

but advertisements are also that make you buy something that you actually do not want to.
but advertisements are also making you buy something that you actually do not want to.