Due to science and technology people around the world are living similar lifestyle Do you think it is a positive or negative development

Due to science and technology people around the world are living similar lifestyle. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

Since the inception of new technologies and advent of development in science, lifestyles are becoming more and more similar. I believe this trend is a positive development.

On the one hand, similarity of lifestyles can have negative aspects. One of the most important drawbacks is that because of enthusiasm of living in cities and having easier lifestyle, inhabitants in minor cities would immigrate to mega cities so culture and tradition of small cities would fade away. Another negative aspect of having similar lifestyle is that human beings are always willing to have easier lifestyle and they use science and technology to increase their welfare. Therefore, as our society becomes more depended on new technologies, we are getting lazier. This trend has irrevocable consequences for our society. For instance, due to plummet of level of physical activities of human being, we are experiencing new disease such as obesity, nowadays like never before.

On the other hand, having similar lifestyle has undeniable positive effects. Editing, modifying, innovations and so on, are all because of human being's need. If everyone has his/her own can today, if we use electricity to light our houses, if our children go to school to became more well-rounded, we are living in higher level of welfare and we have taken steps to tackle our past problems. In addition, having used science and technology in our lives, it is commonplace to use them today. For example, medicine once was a fancy product for rich people, is accessible for everyone. Therefore, it seems we reap all the benefits of development in science and technology and their applications in our lives.

In conclusion, although there are convincing argument on both the sides, I believe using science and technology and having similar lifestyle in higher quality is more beneficial.

if our children go to school to became more well-rounded
if our children go to school to become more well-rounded