Home >> Ielts Writing Task Ii Ielts Academic Essays

Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

negartaba's picture

It is thought by some people that governments should consider a budget on railways rather than roads. To some extend I agree with this group.
First of all, spending money on railways could reduce the congestion of traffic in rush hours. if a developed train station built in crowded city, people would prefer to use it rather than their own cars since no body tend to stuck in traffic.
Second of all, using public transportation such as buses or subways especially in capital cities, the matter of pollution could be solved in some extent. However, one thing should be considered. Government needs to educate people to use this way of commute. Whenever a nation learns to care about each other and their city, they would be respectful for their nature and one leap could be using this kind of transportation and in higher level have the better air for breathing.
Although living in a developed country is so tempting, it has its own problems. Having bad asphalt which bothers you while driving could be annoying. Sometimes people have to travel with their cars and be in roads for long hours, so there should be facilities to ease this travel, and the very first ones is safe roads.
For instance in my country Iran there is many jobs that requires facilities in road. Being driver for lorries or the huge buses which they called Transit buses is absolutely difficult. As a result they have to be in the roads all the time and it is a popular job.
To sum up, I believe that having a improved railways is more urgent for a country than roads. It could solve lots of problems with a strong plan and governments should consider it as a significant matter.