In many developing countries there is an increasing movement of workers from rural areas into cities Why do you think it happen What problems it causes

In many developing countries, there is an increasing movement of workers from rural areas into cities. Why do you think it happen? What problems it causes?

Since the difference between countryside and cities are increasing, the migration of rural people to urban areas is not a new phenomenon in many developing countries. There are widely different explanations to reasons of this trend and its consequences toward every aspect of the society and the economy.

First of all, as the development of rural and urban areas is not the same, while there are plenty choices of jobs with higher salary in cities, the shortage of working choices is happening in countryside. Moreover, the population of rural areas is increasingly rising due to the lack of birth-control which derives from low educational level. Thus, people from countryside need to seek for more job opportunities to live as well as afford to bring up their children. Lastly, the well-qualified infrastructure, the better education, transportation and health care services are also factors attracting more people including workers and their family from rural areas.

However, this trend affects negatively the development of the country. The initial consequence is the explosion of urban population which puts even more tension on the overloaded traffic system, infrastructure like accommodation, health care and education system. Another problem that is happening commonly is unemployment in cities as there are not enough jobs to meet the rising demands of too many job hunters. In contrast, if farmers leave their traditional job and gravitate toward cities in search of better job opportunities, the scarcity of agricultural products like rice, corn and wheat will be inevitable. Finally, booming urban population also results in the rise of crime, which contributes to the unstable society and the downturn of country’s economy.

In conclusion, to my way of thinking, the movement of rural people into urban areas leads to a lot of problems. In order to prevent this trend, governments and companies should create more jobs by relocating factories, improving infrastructure, facilities, schools and health centers.

Since the difference between countryside and cities are increasing
Since the difference ...is increasing