With more and more people communicating via computers and mobile telephones there is a real danger that we are losing the ability to communicate with others face to face Do you agree or disagree

With more and more people communicating via computers and mobile telephones there is a real danger that we are losing the ability to communicate with others face to face. Do you agree or disagree?

Colossal developments have taken place in most aspects of people’s lives, especially in the field of IT. Some people contend that this technology inhibits us from talking in person, leading to reducing our communication ability. From my perspective, I concur on this contention.

Computers are one of the greatest inventions in our history. They provide versatile functions in our daily lives. A messenger which can found on a computer enables us to communicate each other whenever we want and wherever we are. Furthermore, we can use a video call function which allows to talk while seeing a person’s actual face on the screen. These functions affect us in a way to become lazy and make us stay in our room instead of going out. A person, for example, who has a meeting with his colleagues with regard to his school project, would prefer to stay home and discuss it through a group chatting provided by his computer.

Furthermore, one of the revolutionary products may be a mobile phone these days. It is not only portable and handier to carry with you while outside home, but also provides you with numerous functions such as games, camera and internet. Some people are so addicted to these functions that they always stick to sending text messages to their friends and family, or spend their time on playing games. This would result in making people forget the importance of verbal communication with people. For instance, if a person, who is staying with his friend on a table, is busy to play with his phone instead of paying attention to his mate, this will hurt the friend’s feeling.

In conclusion, I have a strong faith that such modern technologies can put people at risk of losing their communication skills due to the facts that they prompt people to communication through a messenger and text messages.