Nowadays more tasks at home and work are being performed by robots Is this a negative or positive development

Nowadays more tasks at home and work are being performed by robots.
Is this a negative or positive development?

Robots – the groundbreaking step of humankind’ achievements – are proved to be more and more helpful in almost every field nowadays. The emergence of these automatons thus have paved the way for convenience in arduous labor, and their use has become prevailing in society. As far as I am concerned, the implematation of automatons would introduce both positive and negative impacts in the long run.

In relation to the advantages, there are two prime points. First, robots can replaced people in dangerous working conditions. In the past, workers performed tasks in underground mines and constructions sites, which means their lives were always potentially at stake. Therefore, those undertaking perilous work often feared the hidden danger in such places. Now as technology has trascended to a new era, robots are deployed to take the hard parts. With exceptional strength and endurance, these automated machines can perform tasks in unsafe zones with acute precision effortlessly, facilitating the speed of overall schemes. The other good point is that robots are perfectly suitable for repetitive and monotonous chores, which alleviates the stress in housework. After a long hectic day, no householder wants to arrive home doing tedious and stressful tasks but lying down relaxingly and having the job done by someone else. Automatons, in this case, are ideally perfect for this designation.

That said, the prevalent invasion of robots would also induce negativity in the labor world. The most detrimental impact is that hundreds of manual workers would be unemployed by robotic replacement. However skilled a handicrafts worker is, he cannot make products as accurately and meticulously as a specialized robot can. However strong a physical worker is, his power is not as much as that of a construction robot. Besides, the automatons have no feelings, which implies that they do not comment or ask for days-off. Having both accuracy and strength but no perception, they are more favorable in selection towards employers. As a consequence, plenty of manual job positions have vanished and people majoring hard labor have been struggling since robotic implementation.

In summary, it is undeniable that robots are of significance as dangerous and boring tasks can be handled by them, yet one huge negative point would appear: the increase of unemployment. I think all governments in the world should propose a plan helping workers so that they can control the robots but not the other way round.