The older you get life becomes more difficult Discuss Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience

The older you get, life becomes more difficult. Discuss.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Age is a decisive factor in determining the level of hardness of people’s lives. As people become older and older, the life becomes harder and harder. From my perspective, I opine that old aged people have come across several problems in their day-to-day lives, mainly, such as health related issues and a need to depend on others for every household chore.

At the outset, these senior citizens are vulnerable to numerous body related problems. Firstly, hearing loss is one of the major conditions these people get affected from. As a result, they are not able to mingle with their society as much as possible. Secondly, eyesight problem plays a significant role in older people’s lives that prevents them to fulfill their basic needs effectively. Due to these hectic conditions, they are being forced to rely on technology that could aid them. Thus, older people’s lives move towards the worst scenario slowly, which in turn force them to depend on others.

Moreover, due to the sedentary lifestyle of these old aged people, these exists a special need to depend on others to look after their common household works every day. Consequently, these people spend a considerable amount of pension money to caregivers. To exemplify this, in Britain, there is a great demand for such caretakers with relatively high salary. These caregivers aid elderly people in their day-to-day activities, such as cooking, medication, wheelchair assistance and paying bills, to name but a few. Therefore, age factor throws a burdensome life and makes them to rely on other people for basic and common purposes.

To recapitulate, it is evident that life turns into a harder one as age passes. With the help of advanced technological devices in the field of medicine, these elderly people could survive to a certain extent without depending on others, but after a particular age, these people have no chances without relying on someone.