Some people think we should keep all the money we earn and not pay tax to the state To what extend do you agree or disagree

Some people think we should keep all the money we earn and not pay tax to the state. To what extend do you agree or disagree?

The topic of whether people should pay the tax to the state with their salaries is of concern for all citizens. Some people insist that they should keep all the money for their own use while others hold different opinions. As for me, I agree that paying tax to the government is the responsibility of all civilians.

Those who suggest that paying tax is compulsory have the following reasons. Firstly, the government can improve the quality of public service and update the infrastructures in the cities and communities. With the use of tax that collected from individuals and companies, government is able to make investment on, for example, building sufficient medical centres or renovating public libraries, which provides superior facilities for ever social member. Secondly, imposing a tax on citizens can effectively regulate the gap between the rich and the poor. As the well-off people usually pay more tax than the low income group, the balance of the society can be maintained in a fair way, thereby benefiting the economic and political stability of the country.

However, there are some others claim that taxation is tantamount to theft or slavery. To start with, many of workers do not accept that their money is taken by others. Because many people have put lots of effort on their work for a decent salary, they are usually unwilling to give off the fruit of their labour, therefore, refuse to tax the state. Besides that, some people believe that the imposed tax is a heavy financial burden for them. Although the not wealthy workers only pay a small amount of tax, they actually earn less than they need to survive, not to mention those who need to support other family members. Thus, taxing the poor ones is considered as imposing a threat on their standard lives.

To sum up, it is essential to collect money from the public since government need budget to make investment on community facilities. I would recommend the state not to impose tax on the people who struggling in the slum because it might be difficult to them.

With the use of tax that collected from individuals and companies, government is able
With the use of tax collected from individuals and companies, government is able

on the people who struggling in the slum
on the people who are struggling in the slum

Sentence: Although the not wealthy workers only pay a small amount of tax, they actually earn less than they need to survive, not to mention those who need to support other family members.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a negator
Suggestion: Refer to the and not