Topic The money spent on space research has brought enormous benefits to mankind but it could be more usefully applied How far do you agree

Topic: The money spent on space research has brought enormous benefits to mankind, but it could be more usefully applied. How far do you agree?

Along with the rapid development of the universal technology, space research has become the paramount mission of many nations. Although some people think that budget could be more usefully applied, I strongly believe that the money was well-spent.

It is generally that the space exploration brings about a great deal of beneficial impacts to mankind. Firstly, applications, which come from the space research, could make our lives more convenient. It give an example; people now could access the internet via their portable devices anytime and anywhere they want with the support of mobile internet, as long as the 3G signal is activated. Furthermore, space exploration helps humans thoroughly understand the earth. In particular, people could notice what is happening on our earth such as the climate change, the deforestation, the green-house effect through the satellites. As a result, authorities could provide timely solutions to curb the regretful influences on the environment.

By contrast, it is argued by some people that the money should be spent on other activities instead of investing in space research. In the first place, if the government spends money helping low-income people from all walks of life, our society could be better. Despite the fact that this point of view maybe true, the financial assistance is likely to put a great pressure on the government budget because its cost is definitely far higher than that of space research. Besides, there are some arguments that money should be spent on medical research. People, however, may find new elements or medical approaches through exploring space, which means we could cure some fatal diseases, for instance, HIV/AIDS, in the future.

In summary, although space research also has the benefits and its drawbacks, I personally think that space discoveries play a fundamental role in our lives, therefore, it should be maintained.

Sentence: It is generally that the space exploration brings about a great deal of beneficial impacts to mankind.
Description: The fragment is generally that is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace generally with adjective

Sentence: It give an example; people now could access the internet via their portable devices anytime and anywhere they want with the support of mobile internet, as long as the 3G signal is activated.
Description: The fragment It give an is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace give with verb, past tense