Violence among young people has increased dramatically over the past 50 years This rise moves in tandem with the growth in violent media Thus the conclusion can be drawn that violent media is the main cause of violence among young people Do you agree or d

Violence among young people has increased dramatically over the past 50 years. This rise
moves in tandem with the growth in violent media. Thus, the conclusion can be drawn that
violent media is the main cause of violence among young people. Do you agree or disagree?

The problem of aggressive behavior among youngsters has been presented more widely over the past decades. Many people claim that the increased amount of violence on the TV and in the news affect the psychology of children and drive them towards cruelty, and I completely agree with this point of view. This essay will show that increased number of world conflicts being shown in the news and violent computer games increase teenager’s aggression.

The most serious driver of growth of the cruelty level among the young people today is the fact that news companies show extremely cruel reports in order to increase views. Sociological polls show that pain and death on the TV screen attract more people, and mass media companies use this finding in their interests. As a result, children, as one of the most affectionate part of the auditory soak up the violence from the screens daily. Therefore, it is clear that cruel news reports have increased outburst of violence among young people.

Another point to be considered is that vicious computer games that promote anti social behavior became extremely popular among children. Some of the plots of modern games contains tasks of killing people and stealing things, for example. Children tend to utterly enjoin this kind of games while their parent sometimes have no idea of these games content. As a result teenagers from the young age get used to violence and cruelty, even though it all take place in virtual reality.

In conclusion, I completely agree with the opinion that cruelty in the media is one of the most significant factors that increase the level of violence among youngsters. Deaths in TV news and vicious computer games make children more aggressive. In the future the number of media sources like this will increase and people should find ways to protect children from it.