violence in media promotes violence in society

Over the past few decades, gore contents are increasingly becoming more acceptable in mainstream media, leading to an assumption that violence in the media inspires violence in the society. From my perspective, I do not go along with this idea.
To begin with, there are various reasons why defenders of this idea argue that media violence can lead to real violence. One reason is that they are concerned about the elements used in violent cotent. For instance, shooting games, as its name suggests, allow players to use firearms to eliminate enemies. The more they kill, the more scores they earn, creating a violently competitive game. Another possible reason is that they might be the victims of media-influenced violence. However, media violence can hardly inspire violent behaviours due to its unrealistic nature.
Another justification is that violence are caused by large number of risk factors, which can either be external or internal. Regarding personal factors, it is highly likely that violence –causers possess an aggressive characteristics, since these twos are highly relatable. When it comes to external elements, surrounding environments can be a potential causing factor. For instance, living in a community where there are high levels of crime can increase the risk of involving in violent activities.
In conclusion, the reasons why people believe that the media can influence violent behaviour vary, ranging from gore content to victimisation. However, there are other contributors to violence, with the exclusion of the media.

Minimum 250 words wanted