agree or disagree: The most important investment that can be made to the education of children aged four to seven is giving them a computer.

It is a highly debated issue whether or not providing computers for children in their schools can be the most important investment made to their education, and this topic can be approached from several angles due to its complexity. Some people totally agree with this statement, they say that nowadays with the advance technology, children should learn how to use computers in young age. I understand this point of view but I have a different opinion. I believe that computers are important but it is not the most important thing to invest in to let our kids get a better education, I think that decreasing the number of students in each classroom will make the difference and help students to get a better education.

To begin with, if the class contains 25 students, the teacher won’t be able to concentrate on each student individually. In other words, she won’t be able to give the attention that each student needs to success. For instance, when I was in the elementary school my first grade class had thirty students, we weren’t allowed to ask questions or comments. I believe that affected negatively on our learning.

Secondly, with larger class number, weak students won’t get enough help or support. When I came to the United States, I heard the sentence no student left behind. I couldn’t understand the meaning of it until the day that I registered my daughter in the school. I was amazed about all the help they gave to my daughter so, she would be part of her classroom.

Last but not least, computers might help students to be part of today’s technology, and also might help them to learn better. But students won’t benefit from this investment if their class are crowded with students. For instance, we moved from New Jersey to Texas last year. My younger daughter is in second grade now. When I compare between her old school and the new one, I see a big difference. Even though both schools have computers and good teachers. But the new school has more student in each class, about the double than the old school. In the new school the teacher doesn’t allow discussions, she says that this will create noise and nobody would benefit from it. I know for sure discussion is an important part of learning, and especially with my daughter she kinds of learn better in the old school because there were always discuss together each subject.

In conclusion, I believe that decreasing the number of students in each classroom to make it around twelve students only, this will be more beneficial for students’ education and will be a great investment in the education part.

The content doesn't match the topic.