Do you agree or disagree with the following statement It is better to have broad knowledge of many academic subjects than to specialize in one specific subject

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is better to have broad knowledge of many academic subjects than to specialize in one specific subject.

While some people may prefer to broaden their knowledge in various academic subjects, I prefer to be specialized in one specific subject, because of the following reasons.

First, we can be an expert in one area, instead of being moderate in different fields. When we spend most of our time on one topic, we become familiar with all the aspects of that field. As a result, after some years, we can be an expert in that field and be a renowned person. We can publish precious papers in acclaimed journals and have conversations with the best scientists in the world. We also can invent new devices to help people to have a better life with more leisure. These advantages will come only by focusing on one field.

Second, we have more free times. By focusing on one topic rather than multiple areas, we will have more time to spend on other activities. We can concentrate on our academic subject from morning till noon, and after that, we can spend much time on our pastimes, instead of starting a new field of science. We can go to theater and enjoy the play, or go to restaurant with our intimate friends. Also, we can save our free times and collect them to travel abroad, for a week or more. That, not only helps us to enjoy our life, but also provides us with more energy to continue our academic activities.

Finally, it prevents us from confusion. When we study different subjects of multiple fields, it makes us bewildered and frustrated. For example, when I was studying at university, I had two exams in one day. I was well prepared for both of them, but when I started my Power System Dynamics exam in the morning; I could not concentrate on that. I could not prevent my Power Electronics information, which was the material of my afternoon exam, from distracting me from my morning exam. Consequently, I had a disastrous exam which did not reflect my effort.

To sum up, I think, it is better to focus on one subject rather than multiple academic fields, because by implementing this approach, people can be specialized in one area and benefit from its mentioned advantages. Furthermore, it helps to have more time allocated to entertainments, and prevents from being confused.