Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many different news resources.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many different news resources.

News has become an integral part of today life. Several TV networks and newspapers pay attention to news. While some people prefer to get information from restricted number of news resources, I prefer to use different news resources, because of the following reasons.

First, we can be informed of variety of fields. Even though most of the news resources inform us in different fields, each of them prefers to pay their attention to some areas. For example, one resource may provide us with different information in science, policy, sport etc. However, they are expert in sports. As a result, their science news is not as professional as another resource whose specific ability is scientific report. Therefore, we need variety of resources to gain valuable information in each area.

Second, by using different sources, we can trust more. Sometimes, some of the resources may do not want to report some news, because of different reasons. For instance, a country has started a war which has many negative consequences. As a result, resources which get their budgets from that country’s government, do not emphasize on the awful results of the war. They often prefer to highlight few good results and neglect the more important drawbacks. By using multiple sources, we can overcome this problem and prevent ourselves from being deceived by media.

Finally, it helps us to be familiar with different viewpoints and various languages and accents all over the world. There are lots of difference between the American resources and British ones. They have different accents and help their audiences to adjust both of them. People also become familiar with their standpoints and opinions about different things. They can learn more about the governments of those countries and their priorities. After sometimes, by using this approach, people can analyze some events and their results even without watching or reading the news. They become more informed and can predict some events and take advantage of them. For instance they can predict the costs of different products and benefit from it.

To sum up, I think it is better to get information from different news resources, because it helps us to be informed in different fields, and we can trust them. Furthermore, we can be familiar with different opinions and ideas all over the world, and finally, we have well-informed community.

some of the resources may do not want to report some news
some of the resources may not want to report some news