Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students are more interested in politics today than before.

Generally speaking, people often possess different perspectives on whether students are more interested in politics today or not. While some believe it is true, others do not think the same. On my personal experience, I disagree with this statement.

First of all, students become more perplexed about their life and they do not have time to care about politics. For example, students wonder more about things about school or what they want to study in college. Because of the globalization, nowadays this world is more competitive. That is to say, they think questions like who will be the next president are not going to affect their life in foreseeable future. On the other hand, questions like which college is better or what test is coming, which will have immediate effect, and those are what they care. Accordingly, students do not find politics interesting or important, especially today.

Secondly, students more care about fashion than before and politics is not thing about fashion. Being abreast of trending is important for students because it can maintain a good peer relationship , and students take views from their friends as a significant matter. The reason they value peer relationship is that they want to be in the loop, and in this world which the media and the celebrities dominate, you have to be a fashion kid be abreast of trending. In other words, students care about how to follow fashion. On the other hand, politics is hard to be associated with fashion, so it is hard to believe students want to know about it. Apparently, politics is hard to attract students.

Last but not least, students like to have fun as always, and politics is too serious. Take me as an example. When I was a student, how to have more fun is the only thing I care about. I like to play sport, play video game or hang out with my friend, who happened to be a student too. On the contrary, I do not like to watch the news, especially politic news, because it is too serious for me. It is impossible that politics will be the subject me and my friend would talk about. I did not consider politics is fun and interesting. Suffice it to say, I did not like politics. Therefore, students can not have fun while they are talking about politics

In conclusion, I disagree with this statement. Students are disoriented and care about peer relationship and having fun, hence students are not interested in politics.

We are expecting:

----------------------