In general, people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon. Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

There are many important things in our lives, and live a healthy and a long life is one of them. Nowadays, people are living longer and I think that happen as a result of many reasons. In this essay I will discuss two reasons that mainly leads to this phenomenon.

The main reason is people now have more options. When we shop for foods, we would find so many choices to choose from; also, when we buy different living stuffs, there are a lot of options. For instance, My mother is 75 years old and she stills in a good healthy shape. Everyday, she walks to the shopping center, five miles from her home, and do shopping. My mother eats only healthy food and whenever I go with her to a fast food restaurant she eats salads only. When I compare my mother life to her mother whom died at age 72 and for the last few years in her life wasn't able to walk, I would see the big difference. My grandmother didn't have the choice in a food that she ate because they had a limited choices at her days. Nowadays, our diet is always our choice, and when we eat healthier food we would get a better body and live longer.

Second, people live longer now because the medical development. Each day the scientist find new medicine or new healing source for different diseases. For instance, twenty years ago, my mother in law died from breast cancer, and at that time it considered a very threatened disease. I read an article in a magazine few days ago talking about this subject. The article said that the healing percentage from the breast cancer now is 98% and because they do a lot of examinations for the women each year, they are able to find out if anyone has breast cancer and treating them accordingly. As you could see, because the medical development people able to survive more and treat different diseases that considered hopeless cases in the old days.

In conclusion, I believe that people live longer now because they have more options to choose from and also because the advance in the medicine comparing to the old days.

the main reason is people now have more options.
the main reason is that people now have more options.

and she stills in a good healthy shape.
and she is still in a good healthy shape.

to her mother whom died at age 72
to her mother who died at age 72

people able to survive
people are able to survive

different diseases that considered hopeless cases in the old days.
different diseases that are considered as hopeless cases in the old days.
different diseases considered as hopeless cases in the old days.