It is better to have friends who are intelligent or to have friends who have a sense of humor

It is better to have friends who are intelligent or to have friends who have a sense of humor.

People often possess different viewpoints on whether intelligent friends are better than humorous friends. Based on my personal experience and observation of life, I tend to suggest that having friends with intelligence is more beneficial than having friends with sense of humor.

First of all, I care about my academic achievement and intelligent friends can help me get good grade. For example, I study in chemical engineering and I always have to deal with difficult disciplines such as Process Control, Thermal Dynamics and Unit Operation. When I have problems which I cannot come up with any idea to solve it, I would like to ask my intelligent friends who really adept at finding out the solutions. Thus, I always get A+ on my schoolwork. Moreover, my smart friends are willing to share their notes and tell me how to prepare for the tests to help me have better academic performance. Accordingly, I believe that having intelligent friends is more helpful.

Secondly, I want to run a start-up contest, so having intelligent friends can help me build excellent start-up team. For instance, in order to have best team to participate in start-up contest, I need to find talented people come from different department. Therefore, I asked my friend who is major in Electrical Engineering to cope with APP and another friend who can benefit marketing and public relations to join me as a competitive team. Eventually, we successfully won the first prize in star-up contest. However, if I let humorous friends join my team, they would have nothing to do because they are not professional enough. Apparently, intelligent friends can bring more advantages than humorous friends.

Last but not least, I love to learn English and I can learn a lot from my intelligent friends. To elaborate, I have some friends who can speak in English fluently. Hence, I often ask them to speak in English with me so as to practice my English speaking. Furthermore, they would not be reluctant to give me useful feedback like intonation, structure and collocation and encourage me to do better. On the other hand, if I talk to friends who have sense of humor, I think my English will not improve because they cannot tell whether there is any drawback in my English speaking. In fact, they might laugh at my English speaking and I will be frustrated. Consequently, I would like to hang out with intelligent friends instead of friends with sense of humor.

To conclude, I would prefer have intelligent friends rather than have humorous friends. That is to say, due to academic achievement, building competitive start-up team and learning English, I feel like getting along with friends who are intelligent.

I need to find talented people come from different department.
I need to find talented people coming from different departments.

More sentences varieties wanted. Try to use less pronouns or not to use pronouns (like 'It, I, They, We, You...') as the subject of a sentence.
------------------------------