It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.

No one would doubts that it is important to educate children. Students can learn how to handle problems in the future world through education. However, when it comes to teach students ideas and concepts or facts, people may think it is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts, because students can applied what they have learnt. Yet, according to following reasons and some of my personal experiences, I disagree that it is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.

Students should know how to solve problems, and learning facts give students chances to find solutions. As a law school student, for example, my professors always emphasize that we should clarify the stories of every case. To be more specific, I may understand what is tort, what is fiduciary duty; moreover, I can define the terms accurately. Yet, encountering real cases, I cannot cope with it. On the other hand, if I can analyze the facts, I can figure out the connections between laws and evidences. As a result, I can find solutions to win the cases.

Students need to prepare for living in the society, and learning facts help them to realize the meaning of ideas. As we all know, the real world is not composed of ideas and concepts. For example, we recognize the importance of honesty. To figure out the true meaning, students must face the real events, such as what the beneficial of being honesty. Therefore, to understand ideas and concepts deeply, students should learn facts.

Students should cultivate the ability of critical thinking, and learning facts inspires students to discriminate right and wrong. For example, students may learn what human rights are. Nevertheless, they cannot distinguish whether social events or policies violet human rights or not. By learning facts, students will meditate the backgrounds of every movement and develop their own opinions. Hence, to think independently, students should be taught facts.

Admittedly, ideas and concepts are fundamental, so majority of people may think it is more important to teach students ideas and concepts. However, based on aforementioned reasons, I believe that making students realize facts is much more vital.

Sentence: No one would doubts that it is important to educate children.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to would and doubts

Sentence: However, when it comes to teach students ideas and concepts or facts, people may think it is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts, because students can applied what they have learnt.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to students and ideas
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to can and applied

Sentence: Students should know how to solve problems, and learning facts give students chances to find solutions.
Suggestion: Refer to students and chances

Sentence: Admittedly, ideas and concepts are fundamental, so majority of people may think it is more important to teach students ideas and concepts.
Suggestion: Refer to students and ideas

and learning facts help them to realize
and learning facts helps them to realize

students should be taught facts.
students should be taught by facts.