People who develop many different skills are more successful than people who focus on one skill only.

Skills are an essential requirement along with hard work in making a task successful. The skills to perform a work are acquired by any individual over a course of time. Some people consider that it is better to be a master in one particular skill rather than focussing on knowing skills of varied kind. Some people consider that skills are inherent in an individual; one only needs to recognise it and polish them with to gain expertise. Others say skills are entirely acquired through practise.

Based on my personal experience, I would support the fact that it is good to acquire skills related to different works. I would substantiate this fact for the following obvious reasons. When a person is knowledgeable and skilled in a work, even though not to the highest level, he can perform the task in case of emergency. He will not have to completely depend and wait for an expert and skilled person to do the job, during situation of crisis. For instance, although I am not very skilled in cooking, I have tried and learnt the basic skills of cooking at home, when my mother is not well or when she needs help. Having skills of various kind gives one a sense of confidence and independence. In addition by learning the skills of different fields during early years of childhood, one is better able to decide which sphere of work suits and interests him the most. It can thus help one to choose a career in that field.

But sometimes, the people who try to assimilate skills and techniques in an unplanned manner end up messing their lives and are not able to develop confidence in any of the skill. They are not clear in their ideas as what they want to learn and how to go about it.

It thus becomes necessary to develop skills which are not just restricted to one field of work. Instead skills should be interdisciplinary like our studies. Then only our overall personal development will be enhanced.

Sentence: Some people consider that it is better to be a master in one particular skill rather than focussing on knowing skills of varied kind.
Error: focussing Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Some people consider that skills are inherent in an individual; one only needs to recognise it and polish them with to gain expertise.
Error: recognise Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Others say skills are entirely acquired through practise.
Error: practise Suggestion: practice