Reading is more educational than watching television or movies.

Educational process is a journey not a destination, that’s why this goes from cradle to grave. Starting from the inception, being a child, first a person learns basic etiquette of life, social norms and values and then from schools he take guidance of all the concrete subjects and topics of practical daily relevance and afterwards at college or university he/she sharpen up his skills and knowledge by widening the range of information to a larger extent. Thus, the complete life cycle is like a vicious circle of learning that never ends up. In this regard, various formal institutions like schools, colleges and informal ones like home, society, books, entertainment industry etc. play pivot role in enhancing the knowledge pool of the person. I personally feel that watching television and movies provides better educational value rather than spending time on reading books.

First of all, in modern times, every individual is busy in his daily chores and functions of life, he wants to save time from wherever he can. In such a scenario, television and movies come as savior as they provide ample information in minimal time and cost. From my personal experience, having a hectic day at labs and research cells, when I go to bed at night, I prefer watching news channel that gives me brief overview of all the latest happenings of the world. So, instead of paying attention or reading a book, I just go through the news or discovery channels that provide me enough information to keep a steady pace with the emerging world.

Along with this, television or movies are more economical than books. For example, if I want to study the world famous novel series of Harry Potter or Twilight, if I will buy the collection that will cost me around 150 dollars or more, but if I can have complete visual and auditory experience of it in minimum time and cost, watching its movie is the best option that will charge me at the max 50 dollars. Once a book is read, we seldom use it for future references as it retain in our memory and minds. Thus, television and movies act as a saving tool as far as funds are concerned.

In addition, the movie industry and media personnel’s have become cautious as well as it have become their obligatory duty to provide world class information to all its readers and followers. In this regard, how can one forget the contribution of NDTV News Channel, BBC news etc., the informative channels like History Channel, Discovery Kids, Discovery Investigation, Animal Planet etc., the emergence of great production houses that enhanced our information pool by providing us the movies like Zero Hour Thirty, Man vs Nature etc. that gave us enjoy the realistic experience as all of our senses are involved while watching any such show or movie. So, I personally enjoy these in spite of reading a book sitting in the corner that needs utmost patience, silence and good chunk of time.

To sum up, I want to quote a few lines of famous English poet John Keats "we have no time to stand and stare" and in the same way the busy work and life schedule engulfed each and every phase of our lives that now we all love to do handy tasks in stipulated period of time and resources; in this regard, television and movies came forward to help, inform and entertain us.

Sentence: Starting from the inception, being a child, first a person learns basic etiquette of life, social norms and values and then from schools he take guidance of all the concrete subjects and topics of practical daily relevance and afterwards at college or university he/she sharpen up his skills and knowledge by widening the range of information to a larger extent.
Description: The fragment he take guidance is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace take with verb, past tense
Description: The fragment she sharpen up is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace sharpen with verb, past tense

play pivot role in enhancing the knowledge pool
play a pivot role in enhancing the knowledge pool

Sentence: I personally feel that watching television and movies provides better educational value rather than spending time on reading books.
Description: The fragment movies provides better is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace provides with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Sentence: Once a book is read, we seldom use it for future references as it retain in our memory and minds.
Description: The fragment it retain in is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace retain with verb, past tense

Sentence: In this regard, how can one forget the contribution of NDTV News Channel, BBC news etc., the informative channels like History Channel, Discovery Kids, Discovery Investigation, Animal Planet etc., the emergence of great production houses that enhanced our information pool by providing us the movies like Zero Hour Thirty, Man vs Nature etc. that gave us enjoy the realistic experience as all of our senses are involved while watching any such show or movie.
Description: The fragment one forget the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace forget with verb, present tense, 3rd person singular