Some high schools and universities require students to work on group projects On completion all the students in the group receive the same grade Do you agree or disagree that this is a good way to evaluate students Use specific reasons and examples to sup

Some high schools and universities require students to work on group projects. On completion, all the students in the group receive the same grade. Do you agree or disagree that this is a good way to evaluate students? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

The benefits and limitations of team working is a hot debate topic, which is much talked by people in the education field. When students work as a team, all members receive the same grade. Some people hold the idea that this way of grading is wrong. They consider this as one of the team working's limitation. I believe that giving all members of a team the same grade is unfair. Moreover, those grades would not reflect students' ability accurately.

The foremost reason why I am supporting this idea lies in the fact that in team work some members of a team get free ride. Free ride is a term that is used when a member get the credit of the work without participating on it. For example, when I was a student, one of our teachers asked us to work as a team on a project. Our group had five members. Three of us were strong and active students who did the majority of the project. The other two members were lazy and weak. They did not do their job. Since our score for that project was the same for all of us, we did the part that those two students were supposed to do. At the end we got a good score for that project, but two members of our team did not deserve that score. They got the credit of a job that that they did not do it.

Another subtle point that we should deem is that fact that we judge someone ability in a course base on her or his score. Furthermore, in job competition student's grade has a crucial role. When we give all member's of a team the same score, we cannot reflect the real ability of students. For example, imagine a talented student in a bad performing group. Since the score will be the result of the whole group job, the performance of other members will affect his/her grade negatively. As a result, his/her scores could not be use as a accurate indicator of the students ability on that course. Even, she/he can lose a job opportunity because of this unfair grading system. Needless to say that the opposite situation would happen too. Some students get a score that they do not deserve.

Overall, due to the aforementioned arguments explored in the previous statements, I believe that the scoring system in team work is wrong. In this system, some students get a free ride. Also, this system cannot reflect the real performance and ability of students in each field. Since students' scores are important in job competition, this wrong system could cause a lot of problems.

one of the team working's limitation.
one of the team working's limitations.

when a member get the credit
when a member gets the credit

Sentence: They got the credit of a job that that they did not do it.
Description: The fragment that that contains a repeated word
Suggestion: Delete a possible duplicate word:

Sentence: Another subtle point that we should deem is that fact that we judge someone ability
Description: A pronoun, nominal is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to someone and ability

in a course base on her or his score.
in a course based on her or his score.

Sentence: When we give all member's of a team the same score, we cannot reflect the real ability of students.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, pre-quantifier is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common, genitive
Suggestion: Refer to all and member's

Sentence: As a result, his/her scores could not be use as a accurate indicator of the students ability on that course.
Suggestion: Refer to students and ability

-------------------