TPO 13 2 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement The extended family grandparents cousins aunts and uncles is less important now than it was in the past

TPO 13 - 2
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
The extended family (grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles) is less important now than it was in the past.

We live in a very fast world that is changing instantly in every aspect including material issues or spiritual ones. So it is normal if relationships change because people and their issues are changing.

Our planet has plenty of people who have different notions, religions, cultures, virtues, etc. The place where people live will affect their thoughts and beliefs so we can't say any absolute ideas about these kind of matters. For instance, in my country it is our duty to be in touch and meet our relatives even our extended family because it comes from our religion. So in our country we can see relationships with extended family less affected by time because it is a kind of virtue. Though generally speaking we can say extended family is less important nowadays because of some reasons.

First, people are really busy more than what people were in the past and it has some causes like the worse financial situation comparing with past. For example I heard that in the past in my country if a person in one family worked he could afford all expenses of entire family easily and they could live with an acceptable level of well-being. But now all members should work just to get primary needs for life like food or shelter. Consequently, in this severe situation we can't even communicate with our close relatives so the importance of extended family will miss gradually.

Moreover, people are more knowledgeable today and they think about their life style and they are looking for possible ways to increase their chance to have a happy life. Some persons may find it a time consuming process to keep their touch with plenty of people. In these kind of cases they will start to prioritize the significance of relatives in order to save time and energy for themselves. It is picturesquely expected that people have less desire to keep their communication with extended family rather than their close friends and main family.

I didn't see previous generation and their behavior but from my heard points I can assert the importance of extended family decreased in recent years and they are not respected like past. Anyway this is just a general idea and it can't work for all people all over the globe. More evidences and researches are required in order to draw a certain conclusion.