Integrated task- Origin of live

Integrated task- Origin of live

The reading provides information about the Miller experiment which aimed to explain the origin of life on the Earth, by producing amino acids, the building blocks of living organisms, in a laboratory trial. The professor gives several reasons why the experiment should be regarded with skeptisism.

For the first thing, the laboratory simulation may not be the accurate representation of the early Earth atmosphere. In the Miller experiment, a mixture of methane, hydrogene, and ammonia was subjected to continuous electrical discharge. However, the professor indicates that electrical storms of early atmosphere were not so much frequent as in the experiment. Moreover, since the amount of oxygen would drop during the experiment, it is not improbable that the proportion of gases in simulated atmosphere was different from the reality.

Secondly, the reading highlightes the role of meteorites in adding to the amino acids pool of the Earth. The professor pointed out that despite finding traces of amino acides in the meteorites that have hitted the Earth's surface, it is still debatable that they had been a source of exogenous amino acids. In fact, such traces may be the secondary infection of the hitting objects by Earthly amino acids.

Finally, the experiment only can explain how amino acids form in a condition similar to what our planet has experienced billions of years ago. However, the professor contends that it is incapable of explaining how larger and more complex structures than amino acids have formed.

Sentence: The professor gives several reasons why the experiment should be regarded with skeptisism.
Error: skeptisism Suggestion: skepticism

Sentence: In the Miller experiment, a mixture of methane, hydrogene, and ammonia was subjected to continuous electrical discharge.
Error: hydrogene Suggestion: hydrogen

Sentence: Secondly, the reading highlightes the role of meteorites in adding to the amino acids pool of the Earth.
Error: highlightes Suggestion: highlights

Sentence: The professor pointed out that despite finding traces of amino acides in the meteorites that have hitted the Earth's surface, it is still debatable that they had been a source of exogenous amino acids.
Error: acides Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: hitted Suggestion: No alternate word