Reading 4 Day Workweek The popular 5 day workweek has long been a staple in U S business With employees working 8 hours a day for a total of 40 hours a week it has been seen as a model of efficiency However some companies and government agencies have begu

Reading- 4-Day Workweek

The popular 5-day workweek has long been a staple in U.S. business. With employees working 8 hours a day for a total of 40 hours a week, it has been seen as a model of efficiency. However, some companies and government agencies have begun converting to a 10-hour-a-day, 4-day workweek. This conversion offers numerous benefits to both businesses and employees and should be seriously considered.

First, a 4-day workweek will alleviate some considerable expenses for the average employee. A recent national survey found that 34% of prospective employees turned down job offers because of long commutes to work. With the high cost of gas and vehicle maintenance, eliminating one day’s driving per week will reduce expenses by quite a bit, making the idea of working far from home more appealing and giving employees the opportunity to use the money saved to cover other, more pressing costs.

Second, reducing the number of working days will lower the operating costs of most businesses; employers won’t need to keep their business open an extra day. This will result in less money spent on fixed expenses, such as lighting and air conditioning, helping to improve a company’s profitability. By eliminating one business day, companies will not only save significantly on operating expenses but also have the additional benefit of a more efficient workforce continually energized with a 3-day weekend.

Third, a 4-day workweek will improve the ability of employees to spend time with their families. Work is often cited as the major reason why parents don’t spend time with their children and one reason why some stop working. With a reduced workweek, they will spend an extra day with their children and other loved ones, helping to improve their overall quality of life and thus sending them back to work happier.

Question: Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the points made in the reading passage. You have 20 minutes to type your response.

Essay topics in audio

The article states that, the conversion of 5 days work to 4 day work would be beneficial and provides the three reason of support. However, the professor explains that, it is true, but it is not enough to explain the dramatic change of work. It is weak and inconvenience. He refutes each of the author's reasons.

The reading states that, if we implement 4 day work means, it will reduce the expenses of business and worker. He states that, 34 percent of workers are getting down the work due to long distance travel to office. Due to the high cost of gases and vehicle maintenance is one of the reasons to get leave for working employees. If the company will reduce to one working day, it will lead to benefit to workers and company. The professor opposes this point by stating that, it does not include how much of money is saved. If the employees are working to office 30 miles means, then saving of money is in the range of 15-20 dollar. Then, 800 dollar is only saved.

Second, it will reduce the operating cost of the company. He also states that, it will reduce expenses of lightening and air conditioning usage. It will help to improve the profit and also increase the efficiency of the workers. However, the professor explains that costs included in this point are misguided. He also explains that if company working for four day, It limits the 20 percent loss to the company and no one cannot do the business for long duration.

Third, the author avers that, If the company use 4 day work means, It will gives the extra time to worker to spend with their families. It will improve the overall quality of the life. The professors oppose this point by saying that it is useful for some of workers. Because the high school children will go to the school on 5th day of week.

Sentence: Third, the author avers that, If the company use 4 day work means, It will gives the extra time to worker to spend with their families.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to will and gives

Around 250 words wanted

Don't need to reiterate the contents of reading passages or as less as possible.