reading passage was about an expression, salvage logging - mahdihe

In this set of material the reading passage was about an expression, salvage logging, that is removing dead trees from the forest and recycle it. The listening was a lecture by a professor about disadvantages of salvage logging and disagreed with the reading passage.

According to the reading passage whenever the forest burns or whatever damage occur to it, there are lots of trees that are not alive anymore and can be used for human needs like paper or houses. It has some really good advantages for both the forest and the economy. These trees just feel the space that new young trees can grow and have some damages for the forest like hospitality environment they prepare for the insects like spruce bark beetle, that destroy alive trees, so removing these dead bodies reduces the danger of these insects and help the forest to be healthier. The other advantage of salvage logging is for the economy, it produces jobs for local residents and supply the wood needed by industries and prevents the removing of live trees.

According to the listening passage, the professor disagreed with the ideas mentioned in reading passage and thought that it has more disadvantages than the benefits it has. First it doesn't help the economy because removing trees is a real expensive operation and need some expensive vehicles and helicopters and it also need some experienced people and it doesn't produce jobs for local residents. It doesn't have benefit for the forest because the insects are not that harmful they can be eaten by birds and help forest. The act of decaying trees supply so much nutrition for the soil and removing them has damages for the soil and new trees cannot grow there.

Overall the reading passage was about salvage logging and the reading passage was a lecture by a professor that disagreed with the ideas mentioned for the advantages of salvage logging.

whatever damage occur
whatever damage occurs

The correct pattern:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3

Don't need to reiterate the contents of reading passages or as less as possible.

Don't need a conclusion paragraph.

Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster