Soon technology will provide smart cars that virtually drives themselves. A computer in the car determines the speed and route to the desired destination. The computer is in continuous contact with a global positioning system and other technologies that w

Both the reading and the lecture discuss whether ''smart cars will be beneficial for people or not''. Whereas the reading provides some arguments to support the advantages of smart cars, the listener disagrees, and provide three reasons.

In the first place the reading passage states that smart cars will prevent accidents because they posses special sensors that help avoid objects, something that people cannot do. The listener, does not agree with this idea, she posits that even if computers meet the expectations in some testings, it doesn't mean that it will work well in cars. Therefore, cars' accident will occur because streets will be overcrowded with cars. Also, cars will drive closer and as a result crash will occur even worse than years before.

Second, the article explains that cars will be connected by the internet and will have an updated map of the traffic, so they will be able to avoid the overcrowded streets. Nevertheless, the listener doesn't think the same, she develops other arguments and says; as a matter of fact, cars will increase in the street. As we should know, when a new technological innovation appears, people rush to buy it. Hence, more people will buy cars.

Third, the reading states that with smart cars, drivers will be able to save money. Notwithstanding, the listener states that due to the fact that smart cars will require the use of advanced technology in order to indicate their positions and also sensors that will tell the car if something is closed, it will cost a lot of money. Even more, if the car needs any reparation it will cost two times the price that might cost to repair a traditional car.

the listener disagrees, and provide three reasons.
the listener disagrees, and provides three reasons.