Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on specific solutions presented in reading passage. TPO18

The reading passage was about decreasing of a sort of evergreen tree, Torreya, and some means to prevent its extinction. The listening passage was a lecture by a professor talking about flaws that the solutions mentioned by the author have.

First, reestablishing the tree in its original habitat is mentioned as a solution in reading passage. Planting Torreya seed in coolest parts of the microclimate that has been worked on considered as a way in the reading passage. However, the professor mentions that it's unlikely to work. Because the microclimate has changed by larger region or has affected by the global warming. So, the tree cannot be survived in its original habitat.

Second, using another area for saving Torreya was considered as an option in the reading passage. Move the seed to cooler temperature areas that are suitable for its growing can help Torreya survive from extinction. However; professor gives an example of another tree moved to a new area and destroyed local trees that also was in danger of extinction and she thinks assisted migration of a tree can have unpredicted outcome on new environment.

Third option presented in the reading is to maintain the tree in research sites. There scientists can track the growth of Torreya and save it. The professor doesn't agree with this opinion either because she believes that maintaining a tree needs a vast environment and research labs doesn't have enough capacity to grow a huge amount of the seed and vide variety of genetically different seeds.

The reading passage was about decreasing of a sort of evergreen tree
The reading passage was about the decrease of a sort of evergreen tree

talking about flaws
talking about the flaws

and research labs doesn't have enough capacity
and research labs don't have enough capacity

Sentence: Planting Torreya seed in coolest parts of the microclimate that has been worked on considered as a way in the reading passage.
Description: The token in is not usually followed by an adjective, superlative
Suggestion: Refer to in and coolest

Sentence: The professor doesn't agree with this opinion either because she believes that maintaining a tree needs a vast environment and research labs doesn't have enough capacity to grow a huge amount of the seed and vide variety of genetically different seeds.
Error: vide Suggestion: No alternate word