Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on specific points made in the reading passage.

Both the reading and the lecture discuss whether " Antibiotics are helpful to human beings or not". Whereas the reading claims that antibiotics have improved the fighting against some diseases, the listener disregards this idea and explains three reasons.

First, in the reading the author says that antibiotics are excellent tools that can accurately being used against a wide variety of diseases that years ago killed many people. Nevertheless, the listener doesn't like the idea and instead he claims that antibiotics have built resistant in some bacteria and those microorganism are now stronger than years ago. To illustrate his point the listener explains that in the 1950, diseases were easy to cure, now this plight has changed due to the fact that bacteria became resistant. In fact, it is better to stay home instead of going to the hospital because hospitals are not safe.

Second, the article posits that the number of deaths due to diseases such as pneumonia and tuberculosis have dropped because of the antibiotics affect. Notwithstanding, the listener averts this idea, he claims that in today's world, bacteria have developed weapons against antibiotics. For instance, the listener explains that some bacterial colonists might become resistant to antibiotics and thus those microorganism can increase their numbers with the same traits, in other words, new generations resistant to antibiotics.

Third, the article posits that antibiotics can save lives, on the other hand, the listener says that bacteria can also produce enzymes to protect themselves. In addition, cases of pneumonia and tuberculosis have increased by 20 percent thus people are likely to become sick when compared to years ago.

tools that can accurately being used against
tools that are accurately being used against
tools that can be accurately used against

because of the antibiotics affect.

in other words, new generations resistant to antibiotics.
in other words, new generations are resistant to antibiotics.