The term "alternative medicine" describes healing practices that are used in place of conventional "Western" medicine. Alternative medicine often rejects science-based medicine and includes therapies that developed out of religious and cultural traditions

The term "alternative medicine" describes healing practices that are used in place of conventional "Western" medicine. Alternative medicine often rejects science-based medicine and includes therapies that developed out of religious and cultural traditions. Examples are naturopathy, herbalism, meditation, biofeedback, hypnosis, homeopathy, and nutritional-based therapies. Advocates of alternative medicine believe that the various alternative methods are more effective than conventional medicine in treating a wide range of medical conditions.

Dissatisfaction with conventional medicine leads many people to seek alternative therapies. Some people choose alternative medicine because they do not trust traditional authority figures, such as the physician, or they dislike the current delivery methods of scientific medicine, particularly the over-reliance on synthetic drugs. Some patients prefer alternative therapies because they are averse to the painful or dangerous side effects of biomedical teatments. The majority of alternative medicine users find health-care alternatives to be more in agreement with their own values, beliefs, and phylosophy about health. Many have a holistic orientation to health, a belief that the body, mind, and spirit are connected.

To meet the growing demand for alternative treatments, a variety of schools and colleges offer courses in alternative medicine. Even conventional medical colleges have started offering courses. Most alternative medicine programs take a holistic approach to health that explores the interconnection between the mind and body. Mind-body medicine works under the premise that mind can affect bodily functions and symptoms. Other alternative medicine programs emphasize the study of substances found in nature such as herbs, foods, vitamins, and minerals.

Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explainm how they challenge specific points made in the reading passage.

Essay topics in audio

Both the reading and the listening discuss alternative medicine. The article states it does not science based medicine. Instead, it includes others kind of therapies. However, the lecture challenges specific points made in the reading passage. The professor takes a different view of it.

The first point the professor makes is health relies on science evidence. He elaborates medicine technology is a way of treatment for people. As an example he says in alternative medicine there is no science and because there is no test or any another way to be based on, there is no how to prove. This point challenges the point made in the reading. The latter states there are methods more effective than conventional medicine for treatment.

Furthermore, the professor points out people are missing forms. He explain people believe in alternative medicine just because they want something to believe. To illustrate, in scientific medicine people believe that the use of drugs makes them dependable. This challenges the information from the reading. According to the passage, people do not trust in physician. Patients would rather alternative medicine because there is no painful.

Finally, the lecture states in alternative medicine there is no guarantee. There are no people trained. As the speaker has it, health requires medical school. For instance, it is required people with credential from medical organization. If there is no evidence of treatment, it means that it is not safe. This point challenges the reading’s key point. According to the article schools and colleges provide courses in alternative medicine. The courses get the health a interconnection between mind and body.

discuss alternative medicine.
discuss alternative medicines.

The professor takes a different view of it.
Description: 'it' refers to what? Be sensitive to use pronouns.

it does not science based medicine.
it is not science based medicine.

The first point the professor makes is health relies on science evidence.
The first point the professor makes is that health relies on science evidence.

there is no how to prove.
there is no way to prove.

Patients would rather alternative medicine because there is no painful.
Patients would rather choose alternative medicines because there is no pain.

Sentence: Instead, it includes others kind of therapies.
Suggestion: Refer to others and kind