TPO 10 Q1

TPO 10 Q1

In the set of material, the reading states that the sea otter population off the Alaskan coast started rapidly declining a few years ago and provides three reasons of supports. However, the professor explains that the theories about the sea otter population are weak and refutes each of author's reasons.

First, the reading states that the pollution seemed the more likely cause was that there were know sources of it along the Alaskan coast. The professor refutes this point by stating that there are not dead animals on beaches. If animals killed by infection or pollution, we should see the body.

Second, the reading states that the sea otter was meal for orca and other predators. However, the professor contends that the orca is disappear from this location by human hunting. the orca will change their strategy for looking for food, maybe he will be looking for small animals.

Third, the reading avers that the pollution hypothesis could also explain the uneven pattern of sea otter decline. However, the professor opposes this point by saying that the uneven pattern for sea otter caused by animals cannot live in some location, because some location is shallow. The animals are living together with other animals.

the sea otter population off the Alaskan coast started rapidly declining a few years ago
the sea otter population of the Alaskan coast started to decline rapidly a few years ago

the pollution seemed the more likely cause was that there were know sources of it along the Alaskan coast.
Description: can you re-write this sentence? a lot of errors

Sentence: However, the professor contends that the orca is disappear from this location by human hunting. the orca will change their strategy for looking for food, maybe he will be looking for small animals.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to is and disappear

If animals killed by infection or pollution, we should see the body.
If animals are killed by infection or pollution, we should see the body.

because some location is shallow.
because some locations are shallow.