Tpo 12-1

Tpo 12-1

Essay topics in audio

The professor argues the fact that this portrait belongs to Jane Austen. His lecture is in direct contrast with the facts presented in the reading passage.

First, he believes that Austen's family validated this fact without seeing her by themselves. In fact, he states that in 1882 when her family decided to use this portrait she was died several decades before so this is not a persuasive evidence because they didn't see her themselves. On the other hand, the reading passage elaborates that the girl in portrait is she because her family endorsed it.

Second, the professor mentions that there were plenty of her relatives at the same age living together. Indeed he demystifies that it is natural that some persons in a family resemble each other and this is true about Austen's family as well. He illustrates there are some evidences which proves that this portrait belongs one of her cousins because she was really like Austen at that time. In contrast, the reading passage asserts that the girl is portrait is Austen because the elements of her face look like another verified drawing of her.

Third, the lecturer claims the implemented materials for this painting is related to a person who wasn't active in Austen's area at proposed time. In fact, he says that there was just a specific person who was selling these kind of materials and he wasn't in London at that period of time. In opposition, the reading passage says that the painting was painted by a society portrait painter that her family hired because the style is specific of this artist.

the girl in portrait is she because her family endorsed it.
the girl in portrait is her because her family endorsed it.

the girl is portrait is Austen
the girl in portrait is Austen