TPO 18

TPO 18

The article states that Torreya, which is a common evergreen tree in the state of Florida, will soon become extinct, and provides three solutions to save them. However, the professor explains that these methods are not useful and cannot stop the extinction of them.

First, the reading claims that, one option is to reestablish Torreya in the same location where it thrived years ago. The professor refutes this this point by saying that this solution is unlikely to be successful. She states that, those areas may were the coolest or dampest areas thousand years ago, but not now. She states that, those areas, like many other climates have changed in recent years. Global warming and wetland drainage are among the cases that has changed the climate of those environments, and now, they are dryer than before and do not have the conditions to grow Torreya anymore.

Second, the article posits that, another solution is to move Torreya to a different location especially north. However the professor brings an example to refute this offer. According to the professor, this change of location may bring the same problems that emerged when another kind of plant's location was changed. She states that it may kill some other species that are in danger too, like the prior experience and will make unpredictable outcome.

Third, the reading says that the third option is to preserve these trees in research centers. The professor opposites this point by explaining that, this solution cannot save them from diseases. We also learn that a vast location is needed to preserve them from disease, because they are very large and need a huge area to grow. Research centers are relatively small, and by preserving them in a small research center, researchers cannot preserve them. Therefore, this solution is not useful too.

Sentence: The professor refutes this this point by saying that this solution is unlikely to be successful.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, singular
Suggestion: Refer to this and this

among the cases that has changed
among the cases that have changed

this solution is not useful too.
this solution is not useful either.