TPO 18

TPO 18

The reading claims that Torreya taxifoha, a type of evergreen tree, will soon become extinct but experts are considering three ways to address the decline of the tree. However, the professor states that the three ways mentioned in the passage to save the tree are not convincing and none of these ways provides a satisfactory solution for the problem and she refutes each of the auhtor's ways.

First, the article avers that the first option is to reestablish Torreya in the same location in which it thrived for thousands of years. In contrast, the lecturer opposes this point by saying that this option is unsuccessful because the coolest microclimate will affect the growth of Torreya tree. In fact, she argues that the global climate has changed and the temperature is increased, in addition, the wet lands which is the favorable place for the tree have been drained so they are dry and the condition in the original place of the tree will not preserve the growth of the tree.

Second, the reading asserts that the second option is to move Torreya to an entirely different location, far from its Florida microclimate because Scientists believe that the tree probably thrived in area much further north in the past. On the other hand, the professor counters this point by stating that the humans did move the tree before and it spread in the location and killed other native plants that some of them threaten to be endanger. Actually, the assisted migration is not benefit the tree.

Third, the article posits that the third option is to preserve Torreya in research centers. Conversely, the professor casts doubt on this point by explaining that the population of the tree will keep in the center but it will not be able to resist the diseases and it will not survive because it needs to be large and divers so it will be able to resist the diseases. Besides, it will not preserve large in centers and it will die.

the wet lands which is the favorable place
the wet lands which are the favorable places

some of them threaten to be endanger
endanger
verb
put (someone or something) at risk or in danger.
"he was driving in a manner likely to endanger life"
synonyms: imperil, jeopardize, risk, put at risk, put in danger, expose to danger, threaten, pose a threat to, be a danger to, be detrimental to, damage, injure, harm, peril

the assisted migration is not benefit the tree.
the assisted migration does not benefit the tree.

Sentences are too long and hard to understand:
the population of the tree will keep in the center but it will not be able to resist the diseases and it will not survive because it needs to be large and divers so it will be able to resist the diseases.