TPO 28Robert E. Peary was a well-known adventurer and arctic explorer who in 1909 set out to reach the North Pole. When he returned from the expedition, he claimed to have reached the pole on April 7, 1909. This report made him into an international celeb

Both the reading and the lecture discuss whether Robert Peary was the first person to reach the North Polo or not. Whereas, the reading posits that based on some convincing evidence the adventurer Peary was the first one in reaching the North Polo, notwithstanding, the listener disregards this idea and explains three arguments.

First, in the reading the author claims that a reputable committee of the National Geographic assessed Robert Peary's trip and determined that the trip was real. The listener doesn't agree with this idea and claims that the committee was not properly arrange due to the fact that some members who checked the validity of the trip were friends of Peary. In addition, the committee supported Perry, and the whole process of investigation about the trip lasted only 2 days, not enough time.

Second, the reading posits that another British explorer named Tom Avery made a similar trip with the same conditions as the one that Perry had on his trip. As a result Tom Avery could reach the North Pole in less than 37 days. On the other hand, the listener explains that this trip carried on by Tom Avery cannot be considered as a point of reference to evaluate Avery's trip. Because, Tom Avery had much less weight than Peary and logically dogs will run faster. Also, Avery had better weather's conditions compared with Perry.

Third the article says that Peary reached the North Pole because photographs taken in that trip proved that. Contrary, the listener averts this point and claims that the camera that was used by Perry was really old. Also, the photograph has more than one hundred years and due to that alterations and even changes in the image might have happened, thus it is not accurate.

based on some convincing evidence the adventurer Peary was the first one
based on some convincing evidences of the adventurer, Peary was the first one

the committee was not properly arrange due to the fact
the committee was not properly arranged due to the fact