TPO 9 Q1

TPO 9 Q1

In this set of material, the article states that car manufacturers and governments have been eagerly seeking a replacement for the automobile's main source of power and provides three reasons of supports. However, the professor explains that the replacement the internal-combustion engine by hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine is not useful and refutes each of author's reasons.

First, the reading states that petroleum is a finite resource; someday, we will run out of oil. Hydrogen can be derived from various plentiful sources. The professor refutes this point by stating that it is so difficult to produce hydrogen from water. Hydrogen should be pure liquid status, and this processing will waste many sources.

Second, the article claims that hydrogen-based fuel cells are attractive because they will solve many of the world's pollution problems. However, the professor contends that pollution's problem cannot solve with hydrogen-based fuel cells. He said hydrogen is good when we are using in cars because it is not product a carbon dioxide, but the problem is factories for hydrogen. The factories will pollution the environment because they will burn oil to get hydrogen.

Third, the reading avers that fuel-cell engines will soon be economically because cars will spend less fuel. The lecture opposes this point by saying that it is really cars will spend less fuel, but cars will be expensive because they cannot use cheap metal with hydrogen because hydrogen is so cold. They will use platinum, it's expensive metal.

the replacement the internal-combustion engine by hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine is not useful
the replacement of the internal-combustion engine by hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine is not useful

because it is not product a carbon dioxide
because it will not product a carbon dioxide

by saying that it is really cars will spend less fuel,
by saying that it is true that cars will spend less fuel,

but cars will be expensive because they cannot use cheap metal with hydrogen because hydrogen is so cold.
but cars will be expensive because they cannot use cheap metal with hydrogen and hydrogen is so cold.

it's expensive metal.
it's an expensive metal.

Sentence: The factories will pollution the environment because they will burn oil to get hydrogen.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to will and pollution

Sentence: Third, the reading avers that fuel-cell engines will soon be economically because cars will spend less fuel.
Description: The fragment be economically because is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace economically with adjective