tpo15

tpo15

The article states that there are several measures have been proposed to stop the spread of the cane toads in Australia, and provides support to each measure. However, the professor explains that each of these proposals are either unsuccessful or cause an environmental damage, and refutes each of the Author’s supports.

First, the reading claims that the first way to get rid of the toads is by building a natural fence to prevent the toads from going to other regions and make more colonies. The professor opposes this point by saying that the toads could pass the fence easily. She adds that young toads or toad’s eggs found in river stream. The stream will carry them to the other side of the fence. According to the professor, only few toads needed to make new colony in new region.

Second, the article posits that the toads could be captured and destroyed by volunteers. On the other hand, the professor contends that untrained volunteers can destroy other types of frogs. Those volunteers won’t be able to distinguish between cane toads and other native frogs because it’s similar.

Third, the reading asserts that researchers can develop a disease causing virus, to control the cane toad population. The professor refutes this point by saying that this solution might cause a problem to American toads. According to the professor, Australian toads that carry the virus might transferred to America either by researchers or pet lovers, this might transferred the virus to America. She adds that if American’s toads infected, this might cause an ecological disaster. Cane toads is a native to America, any damage to them can cause an imbalance to the whole species and all ecosystem will suffer.

there are several measures have been proposed to stop the spread of the cane toads
Description: two verbs in one sentence. can you re-write this sentence?

each of these proposals are either unsuccessful or cause an environmental damage

young toads or toad’s eggs found in river stream
young toads or toad’s eggs are found in river streams

between cane toads and other native frogs because it’s similar.
between cane toads and other native frogs because they are similar.

might transferred to America
might be transferred to America

Sentence: Those volunteers won't be able to distinguish between cane toads and other native frogs because it's similar.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to it's and similar

----------------------