tpo8

tpo8

The reading claims that some critics have raised doubts about the accuracy of the Chevalier's memoir and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor states that no memoir can possible be accurate but Chevalier's memoir is accurate and it is reliable. He refutes each of the author's reasons.

First, the passage avers that in his memoir Chevalier claims that while living in Switzerland, he was very wealthy, and it is known that he spent a great deal of money there on parties and gambling. In contrast, the speaker opposes this point by stating that if he took a loan, it dosen't mean that he was poor. In fact, he had a property to sell and he ran cash as a result he borrowed money because he waited for his money from selling that property.

Second, the article posits that critics are also skeptical about the accuracy of the conversations that the Chevalier records in the memoir between himself and the famous writer Voltaire. On the other hand, the lecturer counters this point by saying that Chevalier stated that each night after conversations, he wrote everything about them and he kept these conversations for years. Actually, she mentions that a witness confirmed the journalism of these conversation. This appears a contradiction to the information made in the passage.

Third, the article asserts that critics have also quetioned the memoir's account of the Chevalier's escape from a notorious prison in Venice, Italy. Conversely, the professor casts doubt on this point by explaining that other prisoners had ever more friends than Chevalier and they were not bribed be free. In addition, the best evidence of escape is that government indicated that the ceiling had been repaired after his escaping so why they did repair it. Frankly, this approved that he escaped exactly as he said.

no memoir can possible be accurate
no memoir can possibly be accurate

Sentence: Third, the article asserts that critics have also quetioned the memoir's account of the Chevalier's escape from a notorious prison in Venice, Italy.
Error: quetioned Suggestion: questioned