Discussion 2

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

Discussion 2:

1. Listen to the second dialogue and choose the best answer (a, b, or c) for each of the following questions.
(1) What is the possible relationship between the two men?

a. Teacher and student. b. Employer and employee.. c. Friends.
(2) Where does the dialogue most probably take place? a. In a hospital. b. In Jerry's office. c. In Mr. Sherwin's office.
(3) Why does Jerry want to see Mr. Sherwin? a. To ask for a few days off b. To talk about his daughter. c. To send his wife to hospital.
(4) When will Jerry's wife go to hospital? a. Tomorrow. b. The day after tomorrow. c. In a few days.
(5) What does Mr. Sherwin want to make sure? a. That Jerry's wife will have only a minor operation. b. That Jerry will be back to work by next Friday. c. That there is someone to do Jerry's work while he is away.
(6) When will Jerry be back to work? a. Next Friday. b. Next Saturday. c. The first Monday after next Friday.

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
Jerry is a bit nervous.
(2)
Since Mr. Sherwin is very busy he will talk with Jerry tomorrow.
(3)
Jerry's daughter is too young to look after herself.
(4)
Jerry's parents are too busy to give Jerry a hand.
(5)
Jerry's wife will come out of hospital by next Tuesday.
(6)
Mr. Sherwin is a very considerate boss.

Listening answers

Discussion 2:

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
Jerry is a bit nervous.
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
Mr. Sherwin is a very considerate boss.