News Item 3

Listening audio
Listening level
Advanced

News Item 3:

1. Choose the best answer (a, b, c, or d) to complete each of the following statements.
(1) _____________ prepared to ask to end up the case by sending the captured pilot to prison for ____________ years.

a. Eugene Hasenfus; thirteen b. The lawyer for Eugene Hasenfus; thirteen c. Eugene Hasenfus; thirty d. The lawyer for Eugene Hasenfus; thirty
(2) Eugene Hasenfus is charged with ______________. a. taking part in an anti-government rebellion b. committing a terrorist act and violating Nicaraguan security c. violating Nicaraguan constitution d. carrying supplies for the contra rebels who are fighting against Nicaraguan government in neighboring countries
(3) Griffen Bell is ____________. a. former US Chief Justice b. former US Attorney General c. the representative of the US State Department d. Hasenfus' attorney appointed by Nicaraguan government
(4) Hasenfus met for ____________ with his Nicaraguan attorney. a. two hours today b. two hours yesterday c. four hours today d. one hour yesterday

2. Dictation. Listen to this news item twice and write down everything you hear on the tape.

Listening answers

News Item 3: