IELTS Essay evaluation

Submitted by tamaFreak on Thu, 11/22/2012 - 08:10

Hi testbig moderator,

I want to know how is the essay score calculated, is there any score points to follow or is it just relative?

Will our essays submitted in this forum get to be marked based on the band-score of Cambridge IELTS ?

thank you

The given line graph illustrates the number of enquiries received over a six-month period from january to june in 2011 by the tourist information office in one city. The enquiries were received in three ways: in person, by letter/email and by telephone.
Overall, the number of enquiries in person and telephone increased exponentially over the following six months, while that of enquiries by letter/ email drastically reduced. Moreover, the Tourist Information Office had gotten the best of enquiry in the month of June with maximum number.
In january, the figures for enquiries by telephone, by letter and by person were 900, 750 and 450 respectively. From that period the proportion of enquiries by person increased to reach maximum at 1900 by the end of the period. Similarly the figures for enquiries by telephone fluctuated steeply and reached at 1600 in June. However In contrast, the line for enquiries by person was just above the line of enquiries by in person until mid-february, then gradually decreased to almost 400 by the month of May and continued to stay at the same lowest point by the end of the period.