According to Smartekedu.com, Proper Strategies Are Required to Beat Test Anxiety

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 06/26/2013 - 08:00

San Diego, California (PRWEB) June 26, 2013

Smartekedu.com, which helps students prepare for major tests, is lending its support to a new article that describes effective strategies for beating SAT-related test anxiety. The SAT is a high-pressure exam, and often leaves students feeling flustered as they sit down to take it. However, an anxious pupil will often find that they do not perform to the best of their ability when they are experiencing a case of serious nerves. For this reason, proper strategies are necessary in order to keep the test taker’s mind calm.

One of the most important points to understand about the SAT is that it is significantly longer than a test or quiz that a student may encounter during a regular high school class. The SAT contains 10 different sections, and pupils only have less than four hours to finish the entire thing. This notion often leaves an individual feeling overwhelmed. Instead of panicking about the sheer volume of the test, a student should simply move quickly yet accurately through the exam. The test does not get harder as it goes, though questions within each individual section do get progressively harder.

A test taker who finishes one section of the exam with extra time should make it a point to carefully check over the answers they have selected. This ensures that the pupil has not accidentally filled in the wrong bubbles or left questions blank. The SAT does not give partial credit, so it is worth a student’s effort to venture a guess, even if they are not entirely sure about an answer to a question.

The professionals at Smartekedu.com note, “A test taker should understand that they cannot keep going with the rest of the sections of the test at their own pace. They must wait for the proctor’s instructions before moving forward. Pressing on with the rest of the test before permission is granted may end up getting a student’s scores canceled, so it is important that a test taker refrains from this behavior.”

When it comes to sentence error questions, a test taker should trust their instinct. Even if they are not sure of all of the details regarding grammar, it is often possible to tell which answer is correct simply by hearing how the sentence sounds. If the phrase sounds off, chances are that it contains an error, and is therefore the right answer.

When dealing with the multiple choice questions found on the SAT, an individual should read the question carefully. A sneaky placement of the word “and” or “not” can quickly change the meaning of a question, so careful reading is a must. The test taker should read the question twice before circling an answer. The professionals at Smartekedu.com encourage all SAT test takers to fill in the bubble on the Scantron answer sheet thoroughly in order to ensure that they receive proper credit for a correct answer.

ABOUT:

Smartekedu.com is a San Diego-based company that supplies premiere educational materials that allow students to commit material to memory efficiently and effectively. The goal of the software is to help pupils memorize material for the long-term, and not just to use on a test and then forget. The business serves more than 500,000 students each year, and also works with a number of educational institutions, businesses, brands, and other groups. The company is staffed by more than 100 employees who are committed to their product and remain focused on excellent customer service.

Article references
www.prweb.com