Essay topics: In the age of television, reading books is not as important as it once was. People can learn as much by watching television as they can by reading books.
Agree or disagree
In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.
In this age of television or digital world, people generally think that reading book is not much important now as everything can be learnt by watching television.
This is true that everything can be learnt from television easily and in less time as we can have visualization of the things that we are learning about. But the point is that although one knows all the facts about any particular subject, if someone asks him to explain about it, he can never do it unless he has had ever read about the same in some book. And to bear a good personality or to represent oneself in a group or to acquire leadership skill, one must have the ability to explain the things that he knows. If one knows everything about something but cannot explain, it is worth not knowing about it.
Books have many advantages like, they contain complete theories and definitions and descriptions. We can say that only book contains real knowledge. One may not say that learning from television is not worthy either. It has its own advantages. By watching audio-visual depictions of several scientific and sociological topics and there simulations, discussions and detailed documentaries, we can have a better feel of the subject we are learning about. Moreover, it saves time by learning through the digital media.
Keeping all those points in mind I disagree to the above given statement. For learning something reading books is essential and must and television is just a supplement. Hence, for the modern world, traditional learning through book reading and writing is much better than incorporating knowledge through the digital media in general and television in particular. It has been proven through research and facts that learning through television is effective only when there is a fair amount of theoretical and book based knowledge. Therefore, it only expedites the process of understanding a subject but does not replace proper, regular, regimented and methodical reading of the academic curricula.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 17 hours ago||Nonororo||78||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||gogol90||58||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||pkriplan||80||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 months ago||Ayush||100||Read full essay|
|4 years 16 hours ago||akshaya deep singhal||50||Read full essay|
|6 years 10 months ago||22sharks||86.66670000000001||Read full essay|
- Some young adults want independence from their parents as soon as possible, other want to live along their parents as long as they can. Discuss what will you choose (70)
- People do many things to stay healthy. What do you do for good health? (86.66670000000001)
- Parents are the best teacher. Agree or disagree (50)
- Is it better to be underrated by people then to be overrated by them? (52.8571)
- Internet rules the lives and means of people these days. It caters to good and evil alike. Seemingly it is the largest media of communication. Discuss (76.66670000000001)
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persis (68.1818)
- A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.” It was Watson’s form of idleness, (83.33329999999999)
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persis (47.5)
- “Life without memory is no life at all, just as intelligence without the possibility of expression is not really intelligence. Our memory is a coherence, our reason, our feeling, even our action. Without it, we are nothing.” – Buñuel“Many a man fails to b (57.1429)
- In the age of television, reading books is not as important as it once was. People can learn as much by watching television as they can by reading books.Agree or disagreeIn developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which (73.33329999999999)