You are hereMany people have learned a foreign language in their own country, others have learned a foreign language in the country in which it is spoken.Which is better ?Give the advantages of each and support your viewpoint.

Many people have learned a foreign language in their own country, others have learned a foreign language in the country in which it is spoken.Which is better ?Give the advantages of each and support your viewpoint.

Sarica P's picture

By Sarica P - Posted on 09 July 2013

Now a days many students or professionals are enthusiastic about learning new things.Learning a foreign language has become a craze or job requirement so most of the people are learning new languages other than their own native language. In my country right from the school three languages are taught English,Hindi and Marathi.Also we know that the business is spreading all over the world people often travel over seas for business purpose so it is mandatory for them to know foreign language atleast the one which is required for them in their jobs.

Learning a foreign language in our country have some advantages: Firstly it is more convenient for the learner.For example,my job requirement was for german language my company hired people who knew this language so that we can communicate with our clients on our daily pulse call. And since there was a foreign language institute in my town it was very easy for me to learn the language,I did not had to go to Germany to learn this language.Secondly,it doesn’t cost much to learn a foreign language in your own country.Also while learning if we have any difficulty in understanding any concept then it can be explained in our native language by the professor who also is familiar with the native language ,which on other hand will not be the case if we learn foreign language in the country where it is spoken because the professor might not be knowing any other language.

Learning a foreign language in the country in which it is spoken also have some advantages:Firstly , if we are learning any language in its own native country then we can become expert in that language within months because any where you go the same language is spoken and you have to communicate in the same language,which would not be the case if you learn in your own country because not all people in your country will be knowing the same language so they will be least interested in what you are speaking and may ignore you.Secondly,learning in the country where it is spoken will help you to interact with more and more people,get to know more people and will also help you to explore that place till the time you are living in that place.

In conclusion,even though there are advantages in learning a foreign language in the country where it is spoken I would learning the foreign in my own country because it is convenient,much cheaper.

large numbers of dinosaur fossils have been discovered in deposits on Alaska’s North Slope, a region that today experiences an extremely cold, arctic climate. One hundred million years ago, when those dinosaurs were alive, the environment of the North S z ansaripoor
compare your way of life to that of your parents and contrast them with each other. which way of life will be more satisfying for future generation? CarolineMitias
Many people believe that it is very important to make large amount of money, while others are satisfied to earn a comfortable living. Analyze each view point and take a stand. Give specific reasons for your position. Lauren
TOEFL integrated writing: is group the best approach? Lauren
In today's world, it is more important to work quickly and risk making mistakes than to work slowly and make sure that everything is correct. saharpouya
70)Some people think that the automobile has improved modern life. Others think that the automobile has caused serious problems. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. magicsk
It is better for children to choose jobs that are similar to their parent's jobs than to choose jobs that very different from their parent's job. mary nili
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer ashbi
Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Lauren
past people are friendly than they are today. Mirin sticky icon

Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
In some organizations, promotions are based on seniority, while in other organization, promotions are based on performance. Discuss the advantages of each position. Then indicate which position you think is best and why? omidway TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. covinfox Independent TOEFL Writing
What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important. zeezoo TOEFL
Sample TOEFL essay: do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer sheppard TOEFL
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. zeezoo TOEFL
What historical event in your country has had a major effect nasrin Independent TOEFL Writing
What are some of the factors that students should consider when choosing which college or university to attend? Why are these factors important? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. elma18 TOEFL

You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Whichwould you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
three obstacles which archaeologists confronted in Britain. mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
Three ways for controlling cane toads in order not to over populate in Australia mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
Own a business. ioanap Integrated TOEFL Writing
Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. okoronkwoac Independent TOEFL Writing
Topic 14:Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? mandana193 Independent TOEFL Writing
Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing

People attend school for many different reasons (for example, expanded knowledge, societal awareness, and enhanced interpersonal relationships). Why do you think people decide to go to school? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. nooraleslam2011 Independent TOEFL Writing

Sentence: In conclusion, even though there are advantages in learning a foreign language in the country where it is spoken I would learning the foreign in my own country because it is convenient, much cheaper.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present participle or gerund
Suggestion: Refer to would and learning

Sentence: Also we know that the business is spreading all over the world people often travel over seas for business purpose so it is mandatory for them to know foreign language atleast the one which is required for them in their jobs.
Error: atleast Suggestion: at least

Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.