You are hereMany people have learned a foreign language in their own country, others have learned a foreign language in the country in which it is spoken.Which is better ?Give the advantages of each and support your viewpoint.

Many people have learned a foreign language in their own country, others have learned a foreign language in the country in which it is spoken.Which is better ?Give the advantages of each and support your viewpoint.

Sarica P's picture

By Sarica P - Posted on 09 July 2013

Now a days many students or professionals are enthusiastic about learning new things.Learning a foreign language has become a craze or job requirement so most of the people are learning new languages other than their own native language. In my country right from the school three languages are taught English,Hindi and Marathi.Also we know that the business is spreading all over the world people often travel over seas for business purpose so it is mandatory for them to know foreign language atleast the one which is required for them in their jobs.

Learning a foreign language in our country have some advantages: Firstly it is more convenient for the learner.For example,my job requirement was for german language my company hired people who knew this language so that we can communicate with our clients on our daily pulse call. And since there was a foreign language institute in my town it was very easy for me to learn the language,I did not had to go to Germany to learn this language.Secondly,it doesn’t cost much to learn a foreign language in your own country.Also while learning if we have any difficulty in understanding any concept then it can be explained in our native language by the professor who also is familiar with the native language ,which on other hand will not be the case if we learn foreign language in the country where it is spoken because the professor might not be knowing any other language.

Learning a foreign language in the country in which it is spoken also have some advantages:Firstly , if we are learning any language in its own native country then we can become expert in that language within months because any where you go the same language is spoken and you have to communicate in the same language,which would not be the case if you learn in your own country because not all people in your country will be knowing the same language so they will be least interested in what you are speaking and may ignore you.Secondly,learning in the country where it is spoken will help you to interact with more and more people,get to know more people and will also help you to explore that place till the time you are living in that place.

In conclusion,even though there are advantages in learning a foreign language in the country where it is spoken I would learning the foreign in my own country because it is convenient,much cheaper.

TOEFL essay:A company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to protect the environment . Which do you think the company should choose? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. sheppard
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Boys and girls should attend separate schools. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. sirus
TOEFL essay:Some high schools require all students to wear school uniforms. Other high schools permit students to decide what to wear to school. Which of these two school policies do you think is better? Use specific reasons and examples to ... sheppard
Fardin edited version 59.Some people are always in a hurry to go places and get things done. Other people prefer to take their time and live life at a slower pace. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. fardin
If you could invent something new, what product would you develop? Use specific details to explain why this invention is needed. Siddhi
In general, people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon. Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay. munira ab
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. hajarisfahan
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement it is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons to support your opinion. irjayantimardin sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specificreasons and examples to support your answer. zeezoo
Young people enjoy life more than older people do#INDEPENDENT WRITING TASK# Vanan sticky icon

TOEFL TWE pattern for "what/how/why type" sheppard TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words. Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. nataliamenezes TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? When one of your friends finds it hard to pass an exam, it is better for him or her to ask you (suppose that youare good at the subject) for help than to turn to a tutor. tnan3158 TOEFL
what are the characteristics of a good teacher? use reasons and examples to support your response. zeezoo TOEFL
If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer komala TOEFL
It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts. hajarisfahan TOEFL
Subject : Global Warming Summarize the points made in the lecture you just heard , explaning how they cast doubt on points made in the reading. makar21 Integrated TOEFL Writing
If you could invent something new, what product would you develop? Use specific details to explain why this invention is needed. Siddhi TOEFL
46.What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. fardin TOEFL
When you are assigned an important presentation for work or school, you prefer to work on it right away so that you can work on it a little bit every day, or wait until you have a good idea about the presentation? ronxyz sticky icon TOEFL

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Being able to speak well is better than being able to write well ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
three obstacles which archaeologists confronted in Britain. mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. BasilMooos91 Independent TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. covinfox Independent TOEFL Writing
People attend school for many different reasons (for example, expanded knowledge, societal awareness, and enhanced interpersonal relationships). Why do you think people decide to go to school? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. nooraleslam2011 Independent TOEFL Writing
Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throuhout their lives, looking for a better job, house,community or even climate. Which do you prefer:staying in one place or moving in search of another place? nomantic Independent TOEFL Writing
It has recently been announced that a new high school may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? bjeddi Independent TOEFL Writing
TPO14 integrated writing: Salvage logging VertFeuille Integrated TOEFL Writing

What historical event in your country has had a major effect nasrin Independent TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing
You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing

Sentence: In conclusion, even though there are advantages in learning a foreign language in the country where it is spoken I would learning the foreign in my own country because it is convenient, much cheaper.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present participle or gerund
Suggestion: Refer to would and learning

Sentence: Also we know that the business is spreading all over the world people often travel over seas for business purpose so it is mandatory for them to know foreign language atleast the one which is required for them in their jobs.
Error: atleast Suggestion: at least

Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.