You are hereMany people have learned a foreign language in their own country, others have learned a foreign language in the country in which it is spoken.Which is better ?Give the advantages of each and support your viewpoint.

Many people have learned a foreign language in their own country, others have learned a foreign language in the country in which it is spoken.Which is better ?Give the advantages of each and support your viewpoint.

Sarica P's picture

By Sarica P - Posted on 09 July 2013

Now a days many students or professionals are enthusiastic about learning new things.Learning a foreign language has become a craze or job requirement so most of the people are learning new languages other than their own native language. In my country right from the school three languages are taught English,Hindi and Marathi.Also we know that the business is spreading all over the world people often travel over seas for business purpose so it is mandatory for them to know foreign language atleast the one which is required for them in their jobs.

Learning a foreign language in our country have some advantages: Firstly it is more convenient for the learner.For example,my job requirement was for german language my company hired people who knew this language so that we can communicate with our clients on our daily pulse call. And since there was a foreign language institute in my town it was very easy for me to learn the language,I did not had to go to Germany to learn this language.Secondly,it doesn’t cost much to learn a foreign language in your own country.Also while learning if we have any difficulty in understanding any concept then it can be explained in our native language by the professor who also is familiar with the native language ,which on other hand will not be the case if we learn foreign language in the country where it is spoken because the professor might not be knowing any other language.

Learning a foreign language in the country in which it is spoken also have some advantages:Firstly , if we are learning any language in its own native country then we can become expert in that language within months because any where you go the same language is spoken and you have to communicate in the same language,which would not be the case if you learn in your own country because not all people in your country will be knowing the same language so they will be least interested in what you are speaking and may ignore you.Secondly,learning in the country where it is spoken will help you to interact with more and more people,get to know more people and will also help you to explore that place till the time you are living in that place.

In conclusion,even though there are advantages in learning a foreign language in the country where it is spoken I would learning the foreign in my own country because it is convenient,much cheaper.

anis Bangladesh

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

kanna United Sta

harry india

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words.Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. paradise_shi
Summarize the points made in the reading passage, and then explain how the case study from the lecture supports the reading. Vanan sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Money can't buy happiness.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. pkesf52513
Sample TOEFL essay: do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer sheppard
Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. ambikap
TPO-3 Integrated writing divjais186
SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT UNIVERSITY STUDENTS SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND CLASSES. OTHERS BELIEVE THAT GOING TO CLASSES SHOULD BE OPTIONAL FOR STUDENTS. WHICH POINT OF VIEW DO YOU AGREE WITH? ftn sticky icon
TOPIC# 24 a person you know is planning to move to your town or city. What do you think that person would like and dislike about living in your town or city? Ekhlass1980
46.What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. fardin
Integrated essay suggested in TPO19 hajarisfahan

Plants can provide food, clothing, shelter or medicine. What is one kind of plant that is important to you or to the people in your country? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your choice. ioanap sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Dancing plays an important role in a culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer ioanap sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past. peyman_np sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Akbar Sabetkar sticky icon
AsthmaAsthma is ussually seen as a condition whose symptoms can be adequately controlled with the right medicines. Researchers point out that it is an intermittent disorder,characterized by temporary bouts of inflammation of the airways,which lead to typi firefly sticky icon
A person you know is planning to move to your town or city. What do you think this person would like and dislike about living in your town or city? Why? Thuy Nguyen
TOPIC # 56 A company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to protect the environment. Which do you think the company should choose? Ekhlass1980
Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. jaanu28
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Hi, Please check my essa Hakimeh
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television advertising directed toward young children (aged 2 to 5) should not be allowed. peyman_np

Sentence: In conclusion, even though there are advantages in learning a foreign language in the country where it is spoken I would learning the foreign in my own country because it is convenient, much cheaper.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present participle or gerund
Suggestion: Refer to would and learning

Sentence: Also we know that the business is spreading all over the world people often travel over seas for business purpose so it is mandatory for them to know foreign language atleast the one which is required for them in their jobs.
Error: atleast Suggestion: at least

Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.