The Brain Injury Association of Washington (BIAWA) Scholarships, Washington, 2013 2014

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 04/24/2013 - 23:00

Scholarship Program: Em Finlay Western Washington Annual Scholarship & Eastern Washington Student Scholarship

Type of Award: Scholarship

Nationality: U.S. citizens are invited to apply.

Employer: The Brain Injury Association of Washington (BIAWA) funds scholarship program.

Level of study: Scholarship is for Associate Degree, Four year Degree, and Vocational Certificate program students.

Subject(s): Subjects offered by the university.

Duration: Scholarship award duration is one academic year.

Number of awards: Not known.

Am I eligible? All applicants must live in Washington State. All applicants must be enrolled full time for the academic year of award. Applicants to the “Em Finlay Western Washington Annual Scholarship” and the “Eastern Washington Student Scholarship” must be survivors of brain injury. Verification of brain injury can be in the form of medical records or a vouching from the BIAWA staff, board members, or support group facilitator.

2. Be seniors in high school ready for graduation in the year the scholarship will be awarded or already enrolled in an Undergraduate Program.

3. All applicants to the “Higher Education/Professional Scholarship” must be students in post secondary education, enrolled full time, who are committed to advances in brain injury knowledge.

How do I apply? The mode of applying is By Post.

What does it cover? This is a one-time only scholarship in the amount of $1,000 for a full time student.

Description: In honor of Em Finaly who has been an integral force behind the BIAWA from the beginning, we are honored to offer the “Em Finlay Western Washington Annual Scholarship.” Each year one full time student, or part time students, from Western Washington with a brain injury will be awarded a scholarship in memory of the remarkable work Em has selflessly done for so many.

Closing Date: Must be received no later than June 30th, 2013.