British Council IELTS Scholarships for Indian Students, 2013

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 04/01/2013 - 12:00

British Council IELTS Scholarships for Indian Students, 2013Eligibility: Essential eligibility criteria are that applicants must:

• Hold a valid Indian passport and be a resident of India

• Begin full time Postgraduate Study outside India in 2013

• Attend an education institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements

• Have a valid IELTS score, with a minimum band score average 6.0

• Have taken their most recent IELTS test with the British Council, with test date being not earlier than 01 August 2011 and the test centre being a venue in India.

• Be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by 15 July 2013.

Description: The British Council IELTS Scholarship Award was launched with the objective of supporting Indian students intending to study in an English-speaking country. Most importantly, it is a commitment to realizing British Council’s aspiration of enabling young people to achieve their life goals.

Study: Various Courses

Level: This scholarship is for pursuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree Level at any university in any country outside India that recognizes IELTS.

How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically or by post.

An original hard copy of your application should be sent to:

British Council IELTS Scholarship

British Council 17,

Kasturba Gandhi Marg,

New Delhi 110 001

An soft copy of your IELTS Scholarship application should be sent to: ielts.scholarship-at-britishcouncil.org

Provider: British Council

For Which Country: Abroad

For Whom: International (Students of India)

Number of awards offered: The scholarship will award Eight IELTS candidates.

Duration of award(s): Not Known

What does it cover? Eight scholars will receive an award to the value of Rs.3,00,000 each.The award can only be applied toward your tuition fees.

Selection Criteria: The top 40 candidates will be shortlisted based on their IELTS test score and the response to Task A.

Notification: All the eight (8) winners will be communicated the final result by email on 5 August 2013.The shortlisted candidates will be invited to make a presentation and attend an Interview at a British Council office. Eight (8) winners will be chosen by a panel from the higher education or corporate sectors in India and a senior British Council officer.

Deadline: The complete application must be received by 29 June 2013.